“Fuoriclasse della Scuola” is the first project in Italy
that rewards Secondary School talents, winners of the “Olympiads”
organized by the Ministry of Education
Classical languages and civilizations
New Design contest
National competition for students of professional and technical institutes
How do the Olympiads work?
of students from
The winners of
the past editions
confirmed that they are
Prizes for talents
Objectives of the Campus
The program includes
Why support the
Fuoriclasse della Scuola?
Regulation – School year 2018 / 2019
The Foundation for Financial Education and Savings (hereinafter referred to as “FEduF”) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, University and Research (hereinafter referred to as “Miur”) carries out the “I Fuoriclasse della Scuola” Project (hereinafter referred to as “The Project”).
The Project, which is included in the Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2016 between Miur and FEduF, aims to nurture young talents through the contribution of philanthropic donations from foundations, associations, companies and individual citizens.
The main goal of this project is to value the students of the last three years of high school, who ranked among the first in some individual national competitions within the annual program for the promotion of excellence according to Legislative Decree n. 262 of December 29, 2007.
The Project also intends to involve and raise awareness among students about economics, finance and savings in order to allow young people to acquire the necessary skills for a profitable integration into the business world.
The Project provides for the assignment of a scholarship in cash and the participation in a residential Campus on financial education for students of the last three years of secondary schools who ranked among the first in the following individual national competitions:
- Italian Olympiad,
- Mathematics Olympiad,
- Physics Olympiad,
- Computer Science Olympiad,
- Chemistry Games and Olympiad,
- Natural Sciences Olympiad,
- Classical Languages and Civilizations Olympiad,
- Astronomy Olympiad,
- Philosophy Olympiad,
- Statistics Olympiad,
- New Design Contest,
- Economics Contest
- National competition for students of professional institutes and technical institutes
The number of winners awarded is based on the donations collected by August 31, 2019 and by the choice of supporters among the different competitions.
The criteria for the assignment of scholarships are determined as follows.
- Competition with a single section:
In the case of students who ranked at the same position, the scholarship is assigned to the student following a draw.
In the case of a scholarship for a female student, the scholarship is assigned to the student of the three-year period who ranked first.
In the event of a competition for single persons and groups, the scholarship is given to the first place winner of the three-year period who participated individually.
- Competition with multiple sections and assignment of a single scholarship:
The scholarship is assigned to:
- the first place of the three-year period for the foreign language section of the Philosophy Olympiad and, in the event of failure to enroll or the inability to participate in the project, will be given to the person in the three-year period who ranked first in the Italian language section;
- the first place of the three-year period for the section reserved for the technical institutes of the Chemistry Games and Olympiad and, in the event of failure to enroll to or inability to participate in the project, will be given to the person of the three-year period who ranked first in the section reserved for other secondary schools;
- the first place of the section of Natural Sciences Olympiad with the highest score;
- the first place of the section chosen by the supporter among the various subdivisions / sections / categories of the competition.
Starting from the third edition, students can receive a single scholarship in cash for each school year. In case some students win more than one competition in the school year 2018/2019, we check the ranking of the competition that took place later in time so that another student who made it in this ranking can participate in the Project and receive the scholarship.
Additional criteria for the assignment of scholarships can be clarified by the Peers Group mentioned in article 4 of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2016 between the Ministry of Education and the FEduF.
During the school year, MIUR commits to:
- promote the project;
- communicate to the schools the names of the students who are recipients of the scholarships.
The FEduF commits to:
- organize the fund raising and take care of its administration;
- work on and update the website www.fuoriclassedellascuola.it;
- define the times and methods of delivery of the prizes;
- organize the hospitality of the participants in the events;
- communicate the program to the schools and the students;
- assign prizes to the students;
- process data of students, teachers and all those involved, exclusively for the purposes of the Project and in accordance with the requirements of the EU 2016/679 Regulation.
The names of the students who receive the scholarships are identified by taking into account the choice of supporters and the criteria indicated in the previous articles 2 and 3.
The Directorate General for education systems and the evaluation of the national education system sends the communication to the schools to allow the teachers accompanying minors and the students who are recipients of the scholarships to show their willingness to participate in the Project by filling out the registration form.
The teachers accompanying minors and the students (or those exercising parental authority, in case of minors) must provide the following data:
- school of reference;
- valid identity document;
- mobile number and e-mail address;
- authorization to process personal data for the purposes of the Project;
- authorization to take photographs and to film during the events related to the Project and authorization for their distribution on the Project website.
The definitive list of winners of the prizes is published on the website of the Project www.fuoriclassedellascuola.it.
The participation in the project requires complete understanding and acceptance of this Regulation.
The awards and prizes provided for the winners who join the Project are the following:
- a cash prize in the form of a check for an amount of € 1,500.00;
- the right to participate, together with an accompanying teacher from the school of origin in case of underage students, in the events planned for the project.
The costs of accommodation, food and travel for students and teachers accompanying minors at the events organized for the Project are covered by the supporters of the scholarships and managed by FEduF. Travel expenses are covered by the registered office in Italy.
The organizers of the awards ceremony and events provide participants with adequate insurance coverage for accidents and liability risks.
In order to obtain the prizes and awards, the participation in both the awards ceremony and the events organized related to the Project is mandatory.
In case of cancellation or failure to provide the consent to participate in the Project, the winner of the competition is replaced by the student of the three-year period who ranked at the subsequent position in the same competition.
The scholarships are financed by companies, foundations and privates. 75% of the funds raised are used for the cash prize. 2 5% of the funds raised are used for management costs and for the organization of events.
The cash prizes can be named after a specific supporter who requests it in the case of donation to the Project of a sum equal to or greater than € 2,000.00 (two thousand/00) or to the different sum determined by the Peers Group provided by art. 4 of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in 2016 between the Miur and FEduF. In all other cases, the prizes do not bear any specific name.
The sum of the prize referred to in letter a) and the details of the events referred to in letter b) are published on the website www.fuoriclassedellascuola.it
Optional corporate experiences can be carried out by the students at the supporting companies who finance the scholarships. The expenses and insurance coverage for participants would be reimbursed.
The personal data processing is carried out by FEduF for the participation in the Project in accordance with the provisions of the European Regulation on the protection of personal data (EU / 2016/679), stored in the IT and paper archive for the time needed for the execution of the Project and are used and processed for the sole purpose of managing the activities related to the Project as well as for the prize awarding. The recipients of the Project may exercise the rights referred to in articles 15 and the following ones included in the EU/2016/679 Regulation by writing to:
Foundation for Financial Education and Savings
Piazza del Gesù 49 – 00186 Roma